Marquis Studios Teaching Assistants provide additional support in our after-school programs throughout all 5 boroughs of New York City. We offer diverse programming in the visual and performing arts. The Teaching Assistant program aims to match applicants with arts disciplines of their interest while providing meaningful teaching experiences. The ideal candidate will have a passion for arts education and experience working with students to enhance their knowledge of the arts.
Marquis Studios Teaching Artists lead in-school residencies, after-school residencies and workshops forPre-K –12 participants in public schools throughout New York City. Teaching Artists are responsible for creating engaging and educational lessons, while working collaboratively with classroom teachers and students throughout their assigned residencies. Each residency results in a culminating event or sharing that demonstrates skills that students have developed while participating in the program.
We are currently accepting applications for Teaching Artists with experience in:
• Percussion – experience working with students with disabilities required
• Puppetry – experience working with students with disabilities required
• Visual Arts – mixed media, painting, drawing, etc.
• Theater/Writing – Devised Theater, Storytelling & Spoken Word Poetry
• Dance – Hip-Hop, African, Bollywood, Bhangra, and other Cultural Dances